Our best estimates put the number of developers in the world at around 5 million.
Applying the 80/20 rule you can estimate:
- Of those, 20% 1 million want to launch a startup
- Of those, 20% 200,000 have enough motivation to start educating themselves about the process
- Of those, 20% 40,000 will actually start building something
- Of those, 20% 8,000 will actually finish building something
- Of those, 20% 1,600 have prepared themselves enough to achieve some measure of success
To make it into the last group you have to make it through the four above it. What have you done today to move yourself closer to the last group?