Howto Disable Storing Passwords in Safari
Ever since the switch from MobileMe to iCloud and the elimination of Keychain syncing I have become a huge fan of 1Password by AgileBits. Plus as an added benefit my passwords sync between my Mac and Windows machines.
Anyways after installing 1Password I wanted to stop storing passwords in Safari. If you are like me just follow these steps:
- Open Safari
- Go to Safari -> Preferences
- Click on the AutoFill icon and uncheck “User names and passwords”
- To clear any saved usernames and passwords, click “Edit…” to the right of “User names and passwords”.
- Select the website(s) and user name(s) to remove and click “Remove”. Or if you’re like me click on “Remove All” to clear all saved user names and passwords.
- Click “Done” and close preferences.
Thanks to MIT for reminding me how to do this late at night.